As March Break approaches, many families are starting to plan their week-long break. Whether you’re staying close to home or venturing out on a family vacation, there are plenty of March Break ideas that are sure to keep everyone entertained.
Here are some ideas to help you plan the perfect March Break:
- Outdoor Activities: Take advantage of the snow and spend some time outdoors. Go snowboarding, tobogganing, make a snow castle. perfect for kids and adults alike. Find a local hill and let the fun begin. Just be sure to dress warm and wear a helmet. Ice Skating: Whether you prefer to skate indoors or outdoors, ice skating is a fun way to spend a winter day. Many parks and outdoor rinks offer free skating, so grab your skates and hit the ice.
- Staycation: If you’re staying close to home, plan a staycation. Visit local museums, galleries, or cultural events. Check out a new restaurant or spend a day at a spa. You can also plan a movie marathon, game night or plan a backyard camping trip. Get those board games out and have endless of fun for all ages.
- Road Trip: Pack up the car and hit the open road. There are plenty of great destinations within a few hours of most cities. Consider visiting the mountains and take in the snow and ice sculptures.
- International Destinations: For those looking for a more exotic March Break, consider taking a family trip to a foreign country. There are plenty of affordable family-friendly destinations such as Mexico, Costa Rica, and the Dominican Republic.
- Volunteer: Use the week to give back to your community. Consider volunteering at a local soup kitchen or animal shelter. You can also organize a neighborhood clean-up or spend the day visiting a senior’s home.
No matter what you choose to do, make sure to take some time to relax and enjoy your time off. March Break is the perfect opportunity to spend quality time with family and create lasting memories.